Thread: Stolen Iphone

Default Stolen Iphone

As the title says someone stole my iphone from the gym.

None the less the battery was at 20% and its since dead. Ive also reported it stolen. Thus anyone have any pointers? No i dont have any gps or mobileme etc.

If not pointers how about accumen?! If you think you can locate my phone ill put up a cool 1000 american if you help me locate it in some creative fashion or another.

-Nals

ps: if nothing else you might get a kick out of this. at the police station the cop asks me... how much would u say your phone is worth. im like pawn value prob 25 bucks? its an iphone 3g man. in reality though id say closer to a nice even million. its got my puppy pics. he didnt flinch :-)

Default Re: Stolen Iphone

Sometimes they can ping the IMEI, its like your IP address for phones. If you call your service provider they may do it for you. It is how Will.I.Am got his back.

You can't ping an IMEI or an IMSI and your phone assuming it is 3G or 4G has an IP address as well.

What providers can do is part of CALEA and they can track a particular IMEI / IMSI down to a cell site (it is what we do for wiretapping). If they provider cares about you, they can pin point your cell phone down to a particular site and tell you how far away the phone is from the site.

The one and only
    ╔╗╔╗╓╖║║║
    ║║║╣║║║║║
    ╚╝║╚╙╜╚╩╝

RIFT - Kelari Rogue (Retired)
    WAR - Goblin Shaman R40 RR80 (Retired)
    AOC - 80th Level Bear Shaman (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by kaifus View Post
    You can't ping an IMEI or an IMSI and your phone assuming it is 3G or 4G has an IP address as well.

What providers can do is part of CALEA and they can track a particular IMEI / IMSI down to a cell site (it is what we do for wiretapping). If they provider cares about you, they can pin point your cell phone down to a particular site and tell you how far away the phone is from the site.
    That's what I meant.

Did you set up the iphone tracking software when you had it?
    Guild Wars 2 - Vauleen 80 Warrior, Cinnex 80 Elementalist
    SWTOR - Vauleen 50/80 Powertech
    WAR - Vauleen: 100 Chosen, Sysko: 84 Zealot, Cinnex: 80 Sorcerer
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/vauleen

Thank you war brothers and chop.

Actually i think having my 'cellphone' stolen was the greatest thing that has happened to me this year lol.

None the less I am going to contact att still. Hadnt looked this till now!

I know you can Dl an app for iphones, it is basically a GPS app. It allows you to track your phone and find out exactly where it is.

" this is gonna be a fun video " he says
    Jebus I nearly fell asleep ! ... and I don't think I have seen many people less funny .
    good info tho ..... just terrible vlog skills
    aliiiiii

Thread Information