Preliminary Update Notes for Update 3
**These notes do not necessarily reflect the final version that will be deployed on Live**
* Fixed several causes of crashes and assert errors.
* Many exploit fixes have been included in this update.
* The drunken animation will now play when you are seated.
* All reactive damage and healing gems can now proc their effect a maximum of once every 5 seconds.
* The logout timer has been changed from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.
* Female characters should no longer display jaw movements when idle.
* After each language change on your client, all skill/ability/spell items will now update to the proper language.
* Fixed a cursor lockup issue that occurred with invert right mouse button.
* The following emotes now work for both male and female characters: cheer, excitedclap, excited (formerly jig_f), flirt, hugefish, lightheaded, pushaway, and trance.
* Male characters doing /emote clap will no longer play two different clapping animations on top of each other.
* Fixed the OOC chatgroup; you can now talk to any players in any instance of the same playfield you are currently in.
* The Field Manual has had several text errors corrected.
* Fixed an issue where you did not drown when swimming under water for a long time.
* Fixed an issue where some players heard random audible sound clicks.
* Party people rejoice - proper drunkenness has been implemented!
* We now have much more variety with combat music, with different combat music playing according to what playfield the player is in.
* /stuck now checks to see if you could move normally before trying to make you unstuck.
* /follow should work after zoning, while grouped.
* Jumping into water will no longer drain stamina.
* Logout will now be canceled by moving.
* Last played character will now have focus when you log in to character selection.
* Female "burning" emote should now be of equal length to the male one.
* Many of the spells used by raid bosses will now ignore line of sight-checks, thus making it impossible to avoid them by hiding behind pillars and such.
* Many of the spells used by raid bosses will now be impossible to fully resist.
* Added sounds to male and female characters' drunken states.
* You are no longer able to use the Search ability while mounted.
* When performing a running jump, players should no longer experience a short animation-freeze if they release the forward movement key just before they landed.
* Using /emote track with a female character will now play a tracking animation.
* Drunk players should no longer have access to obscene emotes.
* When jumping into water, all action animations are aborted.
* The emotes 'thirsty' and 'shakehead' should now properly animate for Female characters.
* The 'squat' emote should no longer show up twice in the emote-list.
* Fixed an issue that could cause two players zoning at the exact same time to be invisible to each other once zoned.
* Seven emote animations have received a visual make-over to prevent clipping issues.
* Fixed an issue with hiding on a bridge.
* Shield of the Risen has been changed to make resurrection pads safer. It will now not time out if you are within close distance to a resurrection pad, unless you perform a hostile action or get hit by an NPC.
* Pet users: Your permanent pets will now follow you when you zone, and if they are alive when you die, will reappear when you resurrect. Temporary pets do not follow you when zoning, nor reappear after your death.
* For each attack in the combo chain that you do without a valid target, your end damage (on the combofinisher) is reduced 15% pr miss.
* Improved the animation quality of weapon physics when out of combat.
* Corrected animations for weapons being drawn and sheathed with the blade facing the wrong way.
* Added stealth fatality animations. Now players will have a chance of doing a fatality on human enemies whenever they attack them from the stealth/sneak-hiding mode.
* Soldier classes : You can now toggle off Frenzy and Defensive stance while standing with your weapons sheathed.
* When aborting an attack, the combo is now fully aborted instead of reverting just that one attack in the combo chain.
* Players and npcs should not get visually stuck in their magic animations anymore.
* Pets will again take up positions slightly behind you.
* Adjusted the pet placement to allow the pets to bunch up a bit more.
* If resurrected with a spell, you are not silenced anymore after the resurrection is done.
* Further tweaked the visual clientside lag for white damage that affected longer chained combos.
* You should not be able to break fear or stun by spamming attacks/combos anymore.
* Casting concentration will once again have an effect.
* A number of clickable abilities have had their criteria checks changed to no longer allow them to be used while affected by crowd control abilities.
* Starting sneak and rest at the same time should no longer result in the client thinking the character is doing both. Sneak should now correctly cancel on the client when resting.
* You can now only receive the benefit from Momentum (double-tap forward) and Sidestep (double-tap sideways) once every 6 seconds.
* Both male and female characters will now display the correct animation when using the Search ability while in combat.
* Added a 6 second internal cooldown to the double-tap backwards Evasion buff.
* The double-tap backwards evasion buff now increases evade chance by 25% (down from 50%).
* When pets turn 'green' because the owner is not on the observers client, they will still be able to be damaged by enemies.
* Combos with special targeting (that have bigger range than normal, or can hit people behind you) will now hit targets in the extended range even when there are no targets in your normal weapon cone.
* Some hand/shield clipping issues in defensive stance and active blocking have been fixed.
* Fixed a bug that caused aborted multihit attacks to not show (clientside only) the cooldown of the combo, if the combo would not have hit anything.
* Moving due to following another player will now cancel any spells you're casting.
* Pets have gotten a soft distance cap based on the distance between the owner and the target. When the distance of 40+ meters is passed, the pets will start considering turning back.
* Pets will no longer try to attack dead targets.
* Pets are no longer affected by shields.
* When others hit your pet with spells or physical hits, the combat messages should go to their correct channels.
* Offhand weapons will now deal their correct damage type when they proc.
* Fixed melee pets so they can attack destructibles. Fixed spellcasting pets so they will do spell damage (DPS hit) on destructibles.
* Enemies that die during a multihit attack will now immediately cancel their own attacks/combos.
* If a character hides when someone charges towards him/her, the charge attack will not deal damage.
* Pressing block to abort a double-tap dodge will also abort the buff you get from it.
* The way crowd control and immunities work has been changed. All player stuns, fears, roots, snares, and charms will now break if the victim's health is reduced by a certain percentage (depending on the effect type).
* Immunity buffs will now, in general, last a bit less time, since they are applied at the start of the crowd control, and not at the end.
* It is no longer possible to apply a new crowd control debuff of the same type before the previous one runs out and immunity has been applied.
* Tome of Erlik feat has been renamed to Ability - Tome of Erlik.
* Shroud of the Gods feat has been renamed to Spell - Shroud of the Gods.
* Fixed the cooldown of Cheat the Reaper. It will no longer refresh itself if the character dies repeatedly within the cooldown.
* Wiles will now give a proper clickable again.
* Brutality will now give a proper clickable again.
* Escape Artist will now give a proper clickable again.
* Cheat the Reaper will now wait until you are fully dead before trying to resurrect you.
* Excellent Balance feat has been renamed to Ability - Excellent Balance.
* Second Wind feat has been renamed to Ability - Second Wind.
* Escape Artist feat has been renamed to Ability - Escape Artist.
* Wiles feat has been renamed to Ability - Wiles.
* Ambush feat has been renamed to Ability - Ambush.
* Brutality feat has been renamed to Ability - Brutality.
* Agile Mind feat has been renamed to Ability - Agile Mind.
* Trickery feat has been renamed to Ability - Trickery.
* Soldiers can no longer change their stance while stunned.
* Soldiers can no longer change their stance while feared.
* Volcanic Rage feat has been renamed to Ability - Volcanic Rage.
* Hateful Strikes feat has been renamed to Ability - Hateful Strikes.
* Goad feat has been renamed to Ability - Goad.
* Cunning Deflection feat has been renamed to Ability - Cunning Deflection.
* Goad Mob feat has been renamed to Ability - Goad Mob.
* Death's Gaze will now always fear the target.
* Death's Gaze fear effect will now snare the target by 50% for the duration of the fear. This snare effect does not apply snare immunity and is not restricted by it.
* Unholy and Poison Stance will no longer be removed upon death.
* The naming convention of several abilities has been adjusted. Cat's Paw feat has been renamed to Ability - Cat's Paw. Flesh Necrosis feat has been renamed to Ability - Flesh Necrosis. Golden Lotus Extract feat has been renamed to Ability - Golden Lotus Extract. Lotus Overdose feat has been renamed to Ability -
Lotus Overdose. Opportunistic Strike feat has been renamed to Ability - Opportunistic Strike. Kidney Shots feat has been renamed to Ability - Kidney Shots. Curse of the Lotus feat has been renamed to Ability - Curse of the Lotus. Corrupting Strikes feat has been renamed to Ability - Corrupting Strikes.
* Soul Prison feat has been renamed to Ability - Soul Prison. Life Leech feat has been renamed to Ability - Life Leech. Vampyric Nature feat has been renamed to Ability - Vampyric Nature. Necrotic Leech feat has been renamed to Ability - Necrotic Leech. Lunge feat has been renamed to Ability - Lunge. Soul Strike feat has been renamed to Ability - Soul Strike. Death's Gaze feat has been renamed to Ability - Death's Gaze. From the Darkness feat has been renamed to Ability - From the Darkness. Avatar of Death feat has been renamed to Ability - Avatar of Death.
* Clarified the tooltip and combat log for the Blindside ability to show that the target is the one losing the stamina specified.
* Back in the Fray will no longer go on cooldown when it fails to activate.
* Finishing Blow's minimum range to execute has been reduced from 8 meters to 0.5 meters.
* Finishing Blow's maximum range to execute has been changed to 20 meters.
* Increased duration of Paralysis root from 6 seconds to 9 seconds.
* No Escape ability will now work a bit better.
* Paralysis feat will now have a link showing its effect in the tool tip.
* All ranks of the snare gained by the feat Staggering Punch last the same amount of time.
* Investing points into Staggering Punch now increases the snare effect. The effect is now 20/40/60%.
* Dying after Unstoppable procs will no longer prevent it from activating again.
* Corrected a few instances where a player might find himself unable to hide when the ability was available.
* The naming convention of several abilities has been adjusted. Impale feat has been renamed to Ability - Impale. Armageddon Falls feat has been renamed to Ability - Armageddon Falls. Dance of Death feat has been renamed to Ability - Dance of Death. Blood Rage feat has been renamed to Ability - Blood Rage.
* Eyes of Madness feat has been renamed to Ability - Eyes of Madness. No Escape feat has been renamed to Ability - No Escape. Finishing Blow feat has been renamed to Ability - Finishing Blow. Unstable Mind feat has been renamed to Ability - Unstable Mind. Swarm Fighter feat has been renamed to Ability - Swarm Fighter. Rampaging Horde feat has been renamed to Ability - Rampaging Horde. Thirst for Blood feat has been renamed to Ability - Thirst for Blood.
* Welcoming Death feat has been renamed to Ability - Welcoming Death. Predatory Instincts feat has been renamed to Ability - Predatory Instincts. Berserker feat has been renamed to Ability - Berserker. Too Many To Count feat has been renamed to Ability - Too Many To Count. Haste feat has been renamed to Ability - Haste.
* Crush Armor combos should now display the spinning, exploding shield visual effect again.
* Weight of the World feat has been renamed to Ability - Weight of the World.
* Blood Champion feat has been renamed to Ability - Blood Champion.
* Ursine Rush feat has been renamed to Ability - Ursine Rush.
* Censuring Strike combo will now include left attacks.
* The Annihilate ability will now apply correctly to the combo Batter Aside IV, and to the combo Throat Slash using a two-handed weapon.
* Remorseless Aggression will now properly affect the cooldown of Improved Feint Attack III.
* Dark Burden will no longer remain in your spell book after untraining feats.
* Consuming Bulwark will now have a chance to proc off all physical attacks.
* Touch of Death feat has been renamed to Ability - Touch of Death.
* Ritualistic Bloodshed feat has been renamed to Ability - Ritualistic Bloodshed.
* Rite of Blood will no longer partially activate and go on cooldown.
* Mind Wrack will no longer give NPCs stun immunity.
* If you parry, evade, block, or your attacker misses, it will no longer affect your absorb shield.
* Storm Chains casting time has been reduced from 2 seconds to instant.
* Thunderclap should now always tick 5 times.
* Blessing of Amher will now properly increase the damage of Inferno of Amher at all ranks.
* Shrink is now a permanent buff on the caster. This effect on the pet effect will not be able to be removed, but will be fixed in an upcoming update. With pets now zoning with you, we feel it is better to get Shrink persistent for those who choose to use it.
* Forced Summoning is now a permanent buff on the caster. This effect can be toggled by canceling the buff in the GUI.
* Demonologists now have a spellweaving of their own.
* Living Thunderstorm feat has been renamed to Spell - Living Thunderstorm.
* Living Firestorm feat has been renamed to Spell - Living Firestorm.
* Inferno of Amher's minimum damage has been increased. The max damage has been slightly lowered.
* Shockblast (Rank 3) splash damage has been lowered slightly.
* Living Firestorm's nuke has been renamed to Firestorm.
* Skewer has a new and more fitting animation.
* The Impale ability will now trigger the correct cooldown on Charge, Stunning Charge and Impale, and the cooldown will also be lowered by the Momentum feat.
* Battle Cry feat has been renamed to Ability - Battle Cry.
* Stunning Charge feat has been renamed to Ability - Stunning Charge.
* Stand Your Ground feat has been renamed to Ability - Stand Your Ground.
* Sacrifice feat has been renamed to Ability - Sacrifice.
* Intervene feat has been renamed to Ability - Intervene.
* Juggernaut feat has been renamed to Ability - Juggernaut.
* Disarming Aggression feat has been renamed to Ability - Disarming Aggression.
* Impale feat has been renamed to Ability - Impale.
Herald of Xotli
* Combos Fire Lance and Flame Lash should now produce fatality animations.
* The size of the blood pits spawned by the Blood Pit feat has been increased.
* Roots of Hell now increases the Herald's weight while polymorphed to Light/Medium/Heavy armor equivalents.
* Fire Lance feat has been renamed to Combo - Fire Lance.
* Avatar of Xotli feat has been renamed to Spell - Avatar of Xotli.
* Hell on Earth feat has been renamed to Spell - Hell on Earth.
* Your pets will no longer automatically defend themselves (but they will still defend you if you are attacked).
* Added an initial tick to Mark of the Devourer.
* The tooltip for Malefic Chant feat now shows up as intended.
* Ritual of the Lich should now have a (short) animation on execution.
Priest of Mitra
* When casting Manifestation of Mitra, you should actually see Mitra manifesting.
* Pitch Pot is now working.
* All ranger traps now have a 45s cooldown.
* Global trap cooldown reduced to 5 seconds.
* All trap effects should affect up to two targets.
* AoE range for all trap effect is 5 meters for any rank. Spending more feat points in trap feats will increase the trap size like before.
* Fire trap damage increased.
* Sulfurous Burst has been changed into a ground target effect. Also, the damage has slightly increased.
* Tracking window will no longer persist after logging out. You should only have one tracking window at a time.
* Salvo IV will now properly appear in the Deadeye feat tool tip.
* Moving will interrupt your attack with a bow.
* Ranged multihitcombos now fire off all arrows at the correct time.
* Ranged multihitcombos will now deal all the damage correctly when using Focused Fire.
* The naming convention of several abilities has been adjusted. Sulfurous Burst feat has been renamed to Ability - Sulfurous Burst. Critical Aim feat has been renamed to Ability - Critical Aim. Marked Target feat has been renamed to Ability - Marked Target. Volley feat has been renamed to Ability - Volley. Fire Trap feat has been renamed to Ability - Fire Trap. Sniper Stance feat has been renamed to Ability - Sniper Stance. Fire Stance feat has been renamed to Ability - Fire Stance.
* Splintering Puncture feat has been renamed to Ability - Splintering Puncture. Focused Fire feat has been renamed to Ability - Focused Fire. Blocker feat has been renamed to Ability - Evasive Action. Block & Move ability has been renamed to Evasive Action. Piercing Stance feat has been renamed to Ability - Piercing Stance. Shattering Stance feat has been renamed to Ability - Shattering Stance. Pitch Pots feat has been renamed to Ability - Pitch Pots.
* Booby Trap feat has been renamed to Ability - Booby Trap. Absolute Precision feat has been renamed to Ability - Absolute Precision. Flame Barrage feat has been renamed to Combo - Flame Barrage.
Tempest of Set
* Blood Mana's cooldown timer has been reformatted visually to display an accurate timer in minutes and seconds.
* Set's Life Spark will now be removed from your Spellbook after untraining feats.
* When a player becomes a Puppet, he will follow the same rules as other pets (cannot be attacked by you, your team, or your raid).
* Mark of Set should now have the Avatar of Set when cast.
* When others hit your pet with spells or physical hits, the combat messages should go to their correct channels.
* Added player tooltips. Player tooltips can be displayed via the mouse or in a fixed location. When in a fixed location they can be made floating (and thus movable) by pressing the 'Toggle character tooltip lock' hotkey.
* Combat log will now reveal if and how a mob has evaded your attack.
* Shield indication will now appear on targetted players in cases where you are allowed to attack said player.
* All loot-chests should now open properly when used, and they will no longer appear to be empty.
* The female eyebrow slider in character creation is once again working properly.
* Cimmerian women will no longer appear bald when zooming in on their face during character creation.
* Spell icons on toolbars are now grey if the user does not have enough mana to cast them.
* The pet gui should no longer disappear when zoning in some areas.
* You will now receive an onscreen message when your quest journal is full.
* Raids : Raid leader can now drag'n'drop raid members between teams using ALT+left mouse drag. Dropping on another member results in a member swap.
* Dropping on an empty slot (automatically expanded when hovering over an other team) results in a member movement.
* Enable clicking on ground to clear target once again works.
* Added new graphics for the more detailed versions of the team list.
* Added new option on Interface/HUD options to set the desired team list type. Options are:
---Minimal - the short one used so far
---Normal - bigger HP bars, longer names
---Detailed - Normal + stamina and mana bars
* All team list options display all debuffs beside the characters.
* Pet list window can now be moved by player, and should not overlap the team gui anymore.
* Information about a player's level is now correctly updated on the friends/guild interface and the group window.
* Dangling team member indicators are removed from the minimap when the player leaves the team.
* Changing loot mode for raids now works correctly.
* "Item Level" will no longer be displayed if there's no item level to show in an item tooltip.
* You can now assist others even when they selected their target before they came into your view.
* Added new option in Interface/HUD options to display movable target's target portrait.
* Fixed a bug causing the mouse input to be blocked for the lower part of the shortcut bar scroll-down button.
* Clarified the onscreen message received when attempting to use an item which requires a feat you do not have.
* When locked, shortcutbars can't be moved or reorientated.
* When hovering, the background which indicates the bar can be moved isn't shown anymore.
* Find Character command can now find a Raid Leader.
* "Enable Particles" has been renamed to "Enable world particles" in the settings menu.
* When creating a new character you should no longer see lots of spam messages about gaining abilities etc after the cut scene at Tortage beach is over.
* Items which require the character to be of a specific class will now display this property as "Class Type" in the item tooltip.
* Fixed a bug where a member of your team could sometimes show up on your map without being on your playfield.
* PvP Minigame win/loss stats now displayed in the GUI.
* New confirmation box if the item you want to buy costs more than 10% of players current amount of cash.
* The duration of a target's buffs should now show as intended.
* "Interrupted!" will no longer be shown twice in chat when using the rest ability.
* You now get xp and can level from it too if you cross the needed amount for the level by finding a rez point.
* Fixed 'Remove foliage around character' setting to work properly when disabled.
* Recipe view and Tradeskill View guis will now remember their previous positions.
* Feat untraining should notify the player if they cannot afford to untrain their feats.
* When changing government type on a guild, all guild members will be set to the lowest rank except the guild leader. The guild ranks will no longer reset back to their old state when the servers are restarted.
* The guild message of the day now has a cap of 512 characters in the message. If you entered longer messages previously, the message would reset to a previous version when the servers were restarted.
* Name change details are now broadcast to all guild members.
* The Guild Announcement channel should now only be available when the player is in a guild.
* When a guild leader leaves a guild, a new member is automatically promoted to guild leader.