08-07-2008 until 01-07-2030
Ventrilo Volume Equalization
Often people will broadcast at sounds that are too low or high to hear comfortably. Turning up vent to hear one gets your ears blown out by another. Using the setup indicated below, you can normalize everyone to relatively the same level.
1. Start Ventrilo but don't login
2. Open Your Settings
3. Make sure 'Use Direct Sound' is checked.
4. Press the SFX Button
5. Select 'Compressor' in the box on the right side.
6. Press the 'Add' Button
7. Select 'Compressor' in the box on the left
8. Press the 'Properties' button
9. Set the sliders to the following values:
* Gain 15 (make this higher if people are too quiet, and lower if they are too loud)
* Attack .01
* Release 500ish
* Threshold -31
* Ratio 100.0
* Pre Delay 4.0
10. Save your settings and close.
11. Login and check settings, adjust as necessary.
This also has the effect of increasing the quality of people's voices while on Vent. I can't really explain it, other then people will sound more "real", but you'll hear it if you use these settings.